EXECUTIVE BOARD (two-year terms).
The positions below in bold will be up for election in 2024-2025 (even year)
- Educator of Color UniServ Representative
- Classroom Teacher UniServ* (1 year term new position, up for election in odd years)
- Non-Classroom Teacher UniServ* (1 year term new position, up for election in odd years)
- Special Education Teacher UniServ*
- ESA UniServ Representative*
*These positions will be replacing (Elementary, Secondary, and At-Large UniServ positions).
- President - TJay Johnson (.4 CTE; Keithley; FPEA)
- Vice President - Lydia Valentine (Science/Math, Keithley)
- Treasurer - Janelle Gard (Math; FPHS)
- Secretary - Carrie Suchy (Psychologist; Brookdale, WHS, FPHS)
- Educator of Color UniServ Representative - Jessica Dennis (The Farm)
- At-Large UniServ Representative - Ryan Walston (AVID, Keithley)
- Elementary UniServ Representative - Anneliese Kellogg (Music; Midland)
- Secondary UniServ Representative - Jacob Robinson (Special Education; WHS)
- Outgoing President - Kevin Marshall (CTE; WHS) - 1 year term
Annually, we nominate and elect member delegates to attend the WEA Representative Assembly in Spokane, WA. These delegates and our UniServ representatives attend the assembly. Each of the representatives vote on statewide initiatives and actions that WEA proposes. Members who are also a part of WEA-PAC participate in voting actions as well during the RA meeting. FPEA attends with the rest of our local association partners in Puyallup, Bethel, Fife, and Franklin Pierce ESP (Clerical Union). Find out more here
We also nominate and elect 1 member delegate to join the President to go to NEA Representative Assembly. The next assembly is July 3rd-7th, 2024 in Philadelphia. More information here
Stay, travel, and per diem are provided for both events.
Article VIII NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
A. Candidates for the offices of President, President, Vice President, Recording Secretary; Treasurer; the Classroom Teacher UniServ Representative, the Nonclassroom Teacher UniServ Representative, the Special Education Teacher UniServ Representative, Educator of Color UniServ Representative, and the ESA UniServ Representative shall file for office with the Elections Committee in compliance with WEA election guidelines. If any positions remain unfilled, the Executive Board shall nominate candidates for office no later than two weeks following the election.
B. Any at large delegates to the WEA and NEA Representative Assembly and successor delegates to the WEA and NEA Representative Assemblies shall file for office with the FPEA President following WEA Elections Guidelines and Timelines.
Section 2. Candidates for President and Vice President shall be regular, active members who have been certificated employees in the district for a minimum of one (1) year, and a certificated member of the WEA for a minimum of three (3) years.
Section 3. If there are more than two (2) candidates for any officer position, a primary election shall be conducted for those positions in compliance with WEA election guidelines. Voting shall be conducted electronically in accordance with WEA Election Regulations and Timelines. If no candidate receives a majority, the two candidates receiving the greatest number of votes will be placed on the final ballot.
Section 4. The final election of officers and delegates shall be conducted electronically in accordance with WEA Election Regulations.
Section 5. Election Cycles and Electing bodies
A. The President and the Vice President shall be elected electronically by all staff for a 2-year term.
- Elections for these positions are held on odd years.
B. The Recording Secretary and the Treasurer shall be elected electronically by all staff for a 2-year term.
- Elections for these positions are held on even years.
C. Building Representatives shall be elected electronically for a 1-year term. Building Representatives shall be elected by the conclusion of the previous school year. Building Representatives shall be elected only by members of the Association. Building Representatives shall take office at the conclusion of the NEA Representative Assembly. In the event that no Representative is elected to the position, a FPEA member may be appointed to the position by the President.
D. Uniserv Representatives shall be elected by all members electronically for a 2-year term.
- The Classroom Teacher UniServ Representative is elected on odd years.
- The Non Classroom Teacher UniServ Representative is elected on odd years.
- The Educator of Color UniServ Representative is elected on even years.
- The Special Education Teacher UniServ Representative is elected on even years.
- The ESA UniServ Representative is elected on even years.
Section 6. Term Limits
A. The FPEA appreciates the time and sacrifices necessary for serving on the Executive Board and hopes to facilitate the growth of leadership within FPEA. FPEA also recognizes that members are under extreme demands on their time and energy, and there may not always be candidates to replace term limited executive board members. As such, the FPEA recommends a limit of 3 terms (6 years total) consecutive services in a given position when new nominees are present. If there is no new nominee for an executive board member who has reached their term limit, they may run again for that position in that election. At each subsequent election when that position is up for election, if a new nominee is present, that term limited member must not run.